To support the Division of Undergraduate Education by empowering students to pursue and succeed in meaningful, academically relevant college work experiences that enhance both academic and professional growth.
Students work for many different reasons. The most common reasons we have identified include:
- Fund education and cost of living
- Expand professional experiences
- Research potential career fields
- Develop valuable networks
- Gain and enhance transferable skills to market to future employers
Quick facts you should know about working at IUPUI*
- Nearly 88% of students who participated agreed or strongly agreed that their on-campus job helped them develop skills or learn new skills.*
- Almost 70% of students reported their on-campus job helped them prepare for their future careers.*
- About 88% agreed or strongly agreed that being a student employee at IUPUI has positively impacted their overall college experience.*
- Minimum wage on-campus begins at $10.15 per hour per university policy.
- IUPUI is the only regional campus associated with Indiana University that has a standalone student employment office.
*This research was conducted by the Office of Institutional Research and Decision Support; 435 on-campus student employees responded to this survey.
Who We Serve
All currently enrolled IUPUI students seeking or currently employed in part-time jobs on and off campus (please note that a number of schools at IUPUI also offer part-time job search assistance; students admitted to their degree-seeking schools should visit their school-specific career professionalism offices).
- All currently enrolled IUPUI students with questions about using their IUPUI Federal Work-Study Program award
- Student organizations seeking ways to pursue and to succeed in meaningful, academically relevant college work experiences
Who can assist with what questions?
Jenna Corcoran, Student Employment Consultant
- Assists with part-time job search needs, from searching to the creating of and enhancing application tools
- Email Jenna if you have any questions about services or programs
General Student Employment Consultant
- Assists with part-time job search needs and part-time resume review
- Email email@example.com or call 317-274-4856 to set up an appointment if you have questions about services or programs
Visit the About Us page to learn about all of our services and what you can expect to take away from meeting with our office staff.