Thank you for your interest. We are no longer accepting nominations for 2013. Check back in January for your chance to submit a nomination for 2014!
To recognize outstanding student supervisors and their contributions to their student employees.
- On-Campus Supervisor of the Year
- Off-Campus Supervisor of the Year
Who Is Eligible?
- Any employee (on or off campus) who supervises an IUPUI student in an intern, student hourly, or work-study position.
- Students must have been supervised by the nominee within 2012 or 2013. He or she does not have to be the current supervisor of the nominating student.
- The student nominating a supervisor must currently be attending IUPUI.
- Note: Advisors are not eligible to be nominated unless advisor serves in a supervisory role to student employees.
- Off-campus supervisors are eligible for nomination.
Nominated supervisors will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- How has he or she influenced your life, your work skills, your academics, or your career aspirations?
- What wisdom has he or she given you?
- How did he or she help make you the person you are today?
- Complete the nomination form (see below).
- Include a nomination letter describing what you feel qualifies the supervisor to be considered for this award. In nominating your supervisor, please make this letter as comprehensive as possible and keep the following criteria in mind:
- Tell us how your supervisor has:
- Performed the proper training, organization, and planning (e.g., provides necessary orientation and trainings, learning objectives, teaching skills such as time management)
- Helped you to develop skills and/or technical knowledge (describe opportunities or projects)
- Helped you to develop professionalism (e.g., communication skills, initiative, decision-making ability)
- Served as a positive role model (e.g., effectiveness, competence, work ethic, caring attitude)
If possible, cite examples where the supervisor demonstrated these qualities.
*For a sample of an outstanding nomination letter, see the nomination letter for our 2011 winner!
- A campus committee will review all the nominations and choose the winner for each award based on the above criteria.
- The winning supervisors will receive an award and prize. The nominators of the winning supervisors will be notified during Student Employment Appreciation Week in April. All supervisors and nominating students will be recognized in a lunch reception scheduled for April 9, 2013, in the IUPUI Campus Center.
Nominations are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2013!