The Office of Student Employment proudly presents the IUPUI Excellence in Professionalism series geared toward training and educating students on professionalism. This program is free, is open to all undergraduate students, and is particularly beneficial to freshmen and sophomores who are preparing to seek part-time employment while in school.
This program will:
*If you are interested in one of the online workshops, please e-mail Jenna Corcoran at email@example.com for the link, instructions, and content.
- Introduce you to current components of professionalism that are relevant to a variety of different professional environments
- Enhance your ability to identify and to market relevant skills that you possess to potential employers and other professionals
- Provide you with the necessary resources to create a polished cover letter, resume, and additional professional tools
- Broaden your understanding of self-management, workplace expectations, relationship building, and job searching
- Support you in both establishing and maintaining valuable on-campus and community connections
**EIP is a noncredit certificate program provided at no cost to IUPUI undergraduate students.
Who is eligible to apply?
All current IUPUI undergraduate students are eligible to apply. If you have questions about the program or your eligibility, please contact Jenna Corcoran at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the program orientation and requirements
- Attend at least eight different workshops
- Complete a postsurvey
- Complete and submit a resume and cover letter
- Complete a final LinkedIn profile
- Attend the networking ceremony
Completion of the program will include:
Click here to check out the list of workshop summaries
- A $50 stipend transferred to your bursar account
- A professional packet (worth over $50) that includes: IUPUI pad-folio, resume paper, networking cards, and thank you cards
Click here to see the dates and times of the workshops
Why past EIP participants think you should participate:
"I have gotten more out of this FREE program than many of the classes that I have paid to take.” —
"This program makes you think about who you are and how you handle things. The professional side of you is enhanced to make a better you." —
Senior studying social work
"To gain a mastery of various professional subjects and go above curriculum requirements." —
"I would recommend this program to others because it shows through your resume that you are dedicated to developing professional skills for the workplace and that you are not just a blank slate that has no experience." —
Senior studying sociology
"Opens your eyes to how networking is everywhere!" —
"Simply getting good grades in classes is not enough to make you marketable or hire-able; employers want to know that you will blend well with the company's culture, get along with coworkers, and be professional in all parts of your work. I would recommend EIP to all students . . . because it is a great soft skill development tool and provides invaluable advice for the 'real world.'" —
Priority Application Deadline: September 15, 2014