Each year during the second full week in April, National Student Employment Appreciation (NSEA) Week comes to IUPUI! The vibrant and engaging week, in coordination with the National Student Employment Association, brings events and programs to appreciate IUPUI students working on and off campus, as well as empowers employers to appreciate and recognize their student employees.
Empowering Employers to Recognize Student Employees: Preparation Events and Programs
Submit Your Creative Student Employee Appreciation Strategies: In preparation for National Student Employment Appreciation Week coming to IUPUI April 14 through 18, we're working toward our goal of collecting 20 creative ways supervisors and departments show appreciation for and recognize their student employees! Submit your strategies here to be included and featured! From a monthly student employee recognition program in your department to a simple, creative "thank you" note, we welcome all submissions!
Employing Engagement: A Supervisor’s Guide to Engaging Student Employees Workshop: Join the Office of Student Employment on Wednesday, March 12, 12:00–1:00 p.m. in Campus Center 148 for our Employing Engagement session to discuss and identify new opportunities to increase student employee engagement and productivity. This session will provide practical strategies for supervisors and departments to implement throughout the academic year and an opportunity to learn high-engagement practices from others on campus. This is a great session to prepare for National Student Employment Appreciation Week at IUPUI scheduled for April 14–18. Feel free to bring your lunch, a colleague, and any questions related to employing IUPUI students! Click here to register today or visit http://surveycentral.uc.iupui.edu/EE.aspx.
Student Employee Appreciation Banner Contest: On- and off-campus employers are invited to create a banner Monday, April 7, through Thursday, April 10, to be displayed in their departments/offices during NSEA Week. The banners should show creative appreciation of student employees and must be displayed by Friday, April 11, which is when judging will occur. More information to come soon! Attend one of our preparation events (dates below) to create your banner and to gather additional recognition ideas.
Appreciation Tool Kit and Banner Creation Events: Attend our employer preparation events to gather appreciation ideas and supplies for creating your departmental/office banner, as well as to create them during the session and to pick up your free appreciation tool kit. Stop by at any time during the times below. No pre-registration is required, and you are encouraged to bring your lunch and make these sessions work by creating your appreciation ideas during the time provided.
- Monday, April 7, 11:00–2:00, Taylor Hall, UC 104
- Tuesday, April 8, 11:00–2:00, School of Dentistry, DS S118
- Wednesday, April 9, 11:00–2:00, Campus Center, CE 305
NSEA Week 2014: April 14–18
National Student Employment Appreciation Week at IUPUI includes events and programs sponsored by the Office of Student Employment, as well as opportunities for employers, both on and off campus, to set aside time to recognize their student employees. You are encouraged to plan departmental-specific activities during this week, as well as to take advantage of the planned activities below.
Monday, April 14: Departmental Appreciation Day
- On- and off-campus employers are encouraged to begin NSEA Week by holding departmental-specific appreciation activities. Attend one of our prep events (dates above) and visit this page for ideas. Banner contest submissions will begin being displayed.
Tuesday, April 15: Student Employee and Supervisor of the Year Awards Ceremony and Luncheon (by invitation only)
- Nominees for student employee and supervisor of the year are invited to an awards ceremony and luncheon in the Campus Center. Winners of the awards will be announced. Please click here for information on the awards and mark your calendars to submit a nomination next year!
Wednesday, April 16: Student Employee Showcase and Professional Image Project
- Held in the Campus Center Atrium from 11:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., all IUPUI students are invited to the Professional Image Project and Student Employee Showcase to learn about student employment opportunities from student employees themselves, receive free professional head shots, and stop by our other professionalism stations for quick career tips: five-minute resume, practice interviews, tie tying 101, online images, and more! Popcorn, snacks, drinks, and giveaways will be available!
Thursday, April 17: Departmental Appreciation Day
- On- and off-campus employers are encouraged to continue NSEA Week by holding departmental-specific appreciation activities. Attend one of our prep events (dates above) and visit this page for ideas. Banner contest submissions will continue being displayed.
Friday, April 18: Minute-to-Win-It Challenges
- NSEA Week at IUPUI wraps up with a fun and engaging team-building opportunity for employers, supervisors, and student employees! The challenges will be held 12:00–1:00 p.m. in the Campus Center Atrium. More information to come soon!
- Banner decoration contest winners will also be announced and prizes awarded.