|  Login

Federal Work-Study at IUPUI

Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a program through the U.S. Department of Education which provides funds for students with financial need, allowing IUPUI students to earn money to help offset the costs of higher education. Approximately 3,000 IUPUI students are offered work-study awards each academic year as part of their financial aid package. Students can then secure a part-time job on-campus and in approved Community Work-Study agencies to work and receive a biweekly paycheck. 

Through hiring students who have been awarded work-study, departments not only provide students with financial need valuable skills and academically-relevant work experiences, but also receive a financial incentive through paying just 25% of the student's wages up to their award amount. The remaining 75% is subsidized by the federal government.


A Federal Work-Study Program award may be included as part of a student's financial aid and is awarded through the IUPUI Office of Student Financial Services. Not all students are eligible to receive a Federal Work-Study Program award to be used on a position, and award amounts can vary from student to student. All IUPUI departments are eligible to hire students through the program, other than contracted third-party businesses.


In this section, you will find:

Work-Study Employer Training Opportunities

If you are interested in training opportunities or workshops that discuss the IUPUI work-study program or award/payroll processing, please visit our Employer Training Opportunities page!

For questions regarding the IUPUI work-study program, please e-mail fwsjobs@iupui.edu.