The vision of the Office of Student Employment is to become a nationally recognized leader in the innovation and promotion of student employment best practices and services.
The mission of the Office of Student Employment is to support the Division of Undergraduate Education by empowering students to pursue and to succeed in meaningful, academically relevant college work experiences that enhance both academic and professional growth.
The Office of Student Employment will achieve its mission through:
- Creating campus dialogue and understanding of synergy between academics and collegiate work experiences
- Establishing and maintaining best practices and expectations for student employment programs
- Providing professional development opportunities through services and programming
- Connecting students and employers in mutually beneficial work experiences
The Office of Student Employment furthers the university’s strategic plan to promote undergraduate student learning and success by:
- Increasing the number of students working on campus
- Promoting awareness of off-campus collegiate work opportunities
- Enhancing student professional development and job preparedness
- Increasing the quality of student employment supervision
- Fostering integration of student learning though engaging and academically relevant college work experiences
The IUPUI Office of Student Employment Serves
- All currently enrolled IUPUI students looking for or currently employed in part-time jobs on and off campus (A number of schools at IUPUI also offer part-time job search assistance. Students admitted to their degree-granting schools should visit their school-specific career professionals.)
- All currently enrolled IUPUI undergraduate students with questions about using their IUPUI Federal Work-Study Program awards
- Student employment programs at IUPUI looking for professional development opportunities
- Campus and community employers interested in or currently employing IUPUI students
Are you a current IUPUI student looking for career exploration guidance, full-time job search assistance, or credit-granting internship opportunities? If so, please visit your degree-granting school career professionals.
Our office is ready to serve your part-time employment needs throughout the academic year. Contact us for an appointment or stop in to see how we can help you find a beneficial employment experience that will connect to your interests and provide unmatched experience. The Office of Student Employment is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. There are also several ways to contact us online! Email - Facebook - Twitter
|Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
| 1–3 p.m.
|| Taylor Hall, third floor
Drop-ins are designated for quick job preparation or work-study questions (typically no more than 15 minutes allotted per student). No appointment is necessary for drop-ins. Students should check in with our front desk staff upon arriving for any drop-in or appointment.
If you need one-on-one support with your resume
, cover letter
, job search
, or professional development
, you can schedule a 30-minute appointment with an Office of Student Employment staff member using the link below. Both drop-ins and appointments take place on the third floor of Taylor Hall.